Loris Capirossi to retire at end of season

Loris Capirossi will retire from professional motorcycle racing at the end of 2011, announcing the decision during this afternoon's press conference at Misano. The multiple MotoGP winner explained that it was far from easy to make the decision, but felt it was the best path to take after a challenging season for the Pramac squad.

"It’s an important moment in my career, and the decision I made has come about after a lot of reflection," said Capirossi, who has achieved 99 podium finishes during his 22-year World Championship career. "I’m happy that after 25 years, of which 22 were in the World Championship, I’m at a point where I can still have a smile on my lips as I part ways, even if it’s difficult to think that I won’t be riding a bike next year.

"I must thank the many, many people who over the years have followed me, encouraged me, motivated me. That includes Pramac, who gave me my final opportunity to race a motorcycle.

"I’m sorry that I haven’t brought home good results this year, but I’m confident for the final part of the championship. Motegi, Phillip Island, and Sepang are my favorite tracks, and I’ve won many races there. It will be difficult to get my hundredth podium, but I’ll fight to the end. As for my future, I still don’t have clear ideas.

"The only sure thing is that I won’t be a racer anymore. In life, it’s not easy to make these decisions, especially after so many years. Still, I’m sure that my new life will be thrilling, just like the one before it was."

Loris Capirossi to retire at end of season Rating: 4.5 Diposkan Oleh: Admin

0 comments: