Interview with Colin Edwards, the real Tornado MotoGP

the real Tornado MotoGP
I guess we're not the only ones Colin Edwards attracting much interest . His personality always breaks with the established and what we usually see on television. For when you doubt he is always available to play the card to be all double Superbike World Champion converted into a dedicated pilot who simply enjoy your work, so we see by his long career in the Tech 3, must quite good. Without doubt, one of the great drivers we've seen in this century and with 37 years begins to approach that age where everything motorcycle Professional raises the withdrawal as the best option in the face of a new season.

From this we wanted to talk to the Texas Tornado a few weeks ago when we got back in touch with Tech 3. Curiosity led us to know him a little more to show us a more familiar face, one side much more common than you might think. Of course, without neglecting the role of bad guy, because in more than a decade competing at the highest level there is always time for stories that do not usually come to light, which stay with the few who saw in the paddock and their protagonists. Colin has spent three years as a key Tech3 structure Yamaha in MotoGP and one of the free time you leave this job we took a few minutes to answer our questions. We try to review with the Texas Tornado of some key points of his career while showing us some hints of what will be your near future. I do not wait any longer, this is Colin Edwards .

Autoblog Moto: Colin, you've won two World Superbike Championships fighting against the best drivers, Noriyuki Haga, Carl Fogarty, Troy Bayliss, Aaron Slight ... Of all of them, who was the greatest rival?

Colin Edwards: The answer is ... greatly enjoyed time spent with Bayliss. The level of confidence we had, the urge to fight and win that was Troy, and also I had was a good duo ... yes, it was fun.

MPM: Runs like Imola in 2002 have become part of motorcycling history, the best story. How do you remember?

Colin: How do I remember? Probably the best race of my career. When you look back at all my races could say that was one of the defining moments that define who you are as a pilot. The fight, never give up no floor no exception. Yes, it's the best race I've ever done.

MPM: I guess there have been a thousand stories in the paddock, especially if we speak with one of the most eccentric and original paddock, did you tell?

Colin: Something funny ... you know, the first Superbike race I won, it was in Monza ... 1998, was then very young, he was 24. Anyway, we were training, exercising and got there a couple of days earlier. And ... we got drunk as a long time. Scott Russell, Aaron Slight and me. At the end we returned to the motorhome and we went to see who was able to get from the bedroom to the front without Carse, like racing. My wife was there, their girlfriends as well and good, but is very politically incorrect, we had never done anything like that, is something I remember very well because after I won the two races. The case is not so much what you do or do not do but being able to stay focused on your work, win races and fight for it breaking with what affects you.

MPM: Turning now to MotoGP. After some years as a rider you are now in the Tech 3 knowing that to fight for a podium is really complicated. How can we treat each race?

Colin: If good, it is very difficult especially here in GP. You have to be happy with yourself, at the end of the day you have to be proud of accomplishments. Sales struggles out there and all you can, there are plenty of large and small battles, but these may not see them on television. But those who have minibatallas keep you motivated. As that of being "more" or "the best in ...", you know, being the first private, that runs all 800cc races etc ... But we are not an official team we have to settle for striving to be the best satellite team.

MPM: You made a superb result at Silverstone after a nasty injury. After being on the podium again, do you miss the taste of victory?

Colin: Yes, but you know ... I'm happy, I do not know why but I'm really (laughs). I mean, of course I miss the taste of victory but I'm happy with what I do. I like my job. I like to start a weekend. Sometimes you get Contet and proud, sometimes you feel terrible. Now I work in tune each bike, get the better of them and assume that I'm good at that. It is always a challenge, a challenge I enjoy.

MPM: Some people think it's time to retire because there are young people who need the opportunity to have a bike in the premier class. What would you say about this?

Colin: To be honest, it would be easier if he had no motivation. I think there are some people ... including Yamaha, who think it's time to retire, but the truth is I'm ready, I have 37 years, I think it drove well, I'm still motivated to run. This is one of those things you have to love to do, that you love, no matter what it costs, I'm ready to go home to drink Martini.



MPM: What is your best memory in MotoGP? How do you remember, for example, saved from Jerez 2008?

Colin: My best memory ... because I really do not know. I have some pretty good ones. Surely this year, breaking my collarbone in Barcelona next week and make a podium. I had hurt a lot not to run and wanted to prove to myself if I could do and, in fact, I did. It was very special. I am very happy with this memory.

Well, the saved in Jerez! It was ... buff! But the truth is that happens to me all the time in the Texas Tornado Bootcamp. But it is only a reaction to a previous action, it just happens. If you know how you respond to the situation saved. Anyway it was not the best I've had saved the best video are not (laughs).

Make podium one week after breaking his collarbone is one of my best memories.
MPM: In MotoGP, if you have a factory bike is very difficult to get good results, how would you change this? Do you think the CRT are on track?

Colin: Um, the fact is that all manufacturers and Dorna people have worked to develop regulations that CRT's and seems appropriate. Now you sell a Yamaha motor, another is responsible for making the chassis, put the bike together and if he wins, Yamaha wins, if the bike is lost, the chassis manufacturer is the loser. This is how things are. I think the CRT will be interesting, the process of expansion by making a puzzle with a frame and say, come on, to win races! (Shortly after it emerged that bear the Forward Racing)

MPM: an complicated question you'll be tired of hearing, are you going to Japan?

Colin: Yes, we are now. Nobody wants to go but we have no evidence to the contrary. And we have no proof but that is dangerous ... with so many multinationals through ... now my body must be crazy. When I broke my collarbone I underwent X-rays that bombarded my body with radiation and even on the track you submit more than it would be at home, for example. So no, I always take my shoes, food from home and try not to drink too much water there (laughs)

MPM: When you're running, what do you do?

Colin: I'll take the kids and family, spend time at the Texas Tornado Bootcamp with saved like Jerez. We shot a bit etc ... That's most of the time, everything else like going out and vacations around a few times a year is more sporadic. You can say I'm in the family.

MPM: Who is your best friend in the paddock?

Colin: My best friend in the paddock right now ... probably Ben. It's a little introverted with the public, does not show his emotions but last year I shared time with him, we went out once in a while and tried to teach some things etc ... It really is the only one I keep in touch regularly.

MPM: Did you ever gamble? And if you did, have you won?

Colin: To be honest I'm not really the game's true. But I play poker with a group of friends and truth, not wanting to be cocky or anything ... I've never lost the qu ehe played, I always take something home

MPM: I remember you did this question to Ben Spies, now it's happened to you. Give me three words to describe your style of driving and three for your personality.

Colin: Hmmm ... (thinks about it carefully) fluid, it seems, slow (slow and looks like two separate words, of course, the Texan is part). Oh, it's hard to describe my personality would be a careful ... and two ... no idea, really. Just get up in the morning, take a deep breath and I'm happy for the wonderful day it does.

MPM: Thanks Colin for this time, is there something you want to say to fans in Spain?

Colin: Actually, yes, what is to come to Texas Tornado Bootcamp to see as we assemble to spend a buenrato!

Special thanks again to the Tech 3 Yamaha team , specifically its press officer, Judith , who has facilitated the work. Obviously, also Colin for taking a few minutes for us despite being stuck in meetings to finish shaping 2012.

Interview with Colin Edwards, the real Tornado MotoGP Rating: 4.5 Diposkan Oleh: Admin