Elias Crashes Out of Stunning Performance; Akiyoshi Scores Points in Front of Home Crowd

Toni Elias started from the fifth row to hold onto 7th by the end of lap one and looked set for a top ten finish, but at 7 laps to go he went down.

The Spanish rider showed his determination for 17 laps before going wide into the gravel, while team mate Akoyoshi was looking forward to racing at his home soil to support the Japanese population and he rode a positive race, scoring 7 points thanks to his 12th place finish.

Toni Elias: 
“Well... first I am very disappointed because we could fight for the 7th position taking the best result so far. The adjustments we made this morning after the warm up session made the bike more stable and even today I took a very good start from the back of the pack. I was faster than qualifying and front tyre feeling was a lot better: with this pace I could have obtained a brilliant result for me and the guys but in turn five, which is a very hard braking point, I hit a bump and I lost the front crashing down. Anyway I would like to thanks the guys for their efforts and I am looking forward to racing in Phillip Island”.

Kousuke Akiyoshi:
“I am very happy about my performance today. Maybe I could have started a bit better but my pace was consistent till the end. I hope that Japanese fans enjoyed this racing weekend and want to thank the Team for their good job”.

LCR Honda press release.

Elias Crashes Out of Stunning Performance; Akiyoshi Scores Points in Front of Home Crowd Rating: 4.5 Diposkan Oleh: Admin

0 comments: