Dani Pedrosa set for first Australian GP in two years

Dani Pedrosa set for first Australian GP in two years
Dani Pedrosa says he is determined to score a good result in the 2011 Australian Grand Prix at Phillip Island after being forced to skip last year's race.

The Spaniard was in the midst of his title battle with Jorge Lorenzo when a crash at the earlier Japanese Grand Prix left him with a broken collarbone. Forced to concede his title challenge at the following Malaysia round, Pedrosa attempted to compete in Australia, but would eventually choose to withdraw from the weekend.

One year on and fresh from his third victory of the season at Motegi, Pedrosa heads back to Phillip Island with a view to getting another good result, one that could move him past Repsol Honda team-mate Andrea Dovizioso for third in the standings.

"I'm looking forward to going to Phillip Island as the circuit is very nice with many fast corners and a lot of sliding. The tyres play an important role there as the left side of the tyre gets used a lot and therefore durability is always crucial.

“Last year I tried to return to racing in Australia after my collarbone operation and I realised during practice that It would be impossible for me to finish the race. It was very hard for me to accept that I was not ready to race as a result of the injury and I had to return home empty handed after a big effort. This year I would like to race in normal conditions and leave Australia with a good result.”

Dani Pedrosa set for first Australian GP in two years Rating: 4.5 Diposkan Oleh: Admin

0 comments: