Tenth for De Puniet at Motegi While Cudlin Loses Out on Twelfth Position

Tenth for De Puniet at Motegi While Cudlin Loses Out on Twelfth Position
The Pramac Racing team had a good start at the Grand Prix of Japan on Sunday, where after six laps the duo were in eighth and thirteenth places, respectively, with De Puniet ahead of Cudlin.

Randy De Puniet was passed by the riders Dovizioso and Simoncelli upon their return to the track following a ride through penalty for a false start. The race then turned into containment for the Frenchman to finish top ten in the race and World Championhship points, while premier class rookie Cudlin was sitting in twelfth position until lap thirteen when a small mistake in a late braking saw him lose the front. Despite the error, it was a good weekend for the Australian who quickly learned a new bike and new track simultaneously.

Fabiano Sterlacchini – Pramac Racing Technical Director:
It was a disappointing weekend despite the tenth place by Randy can be considered a good result, but with all the falls and penalties on the track today we thought to be able to finish at least in seventh or eighth place. Cudlin was having a good run for his debut on a MotoGP bike, but just as he was making a move to fight for the eleventh position in the last few laps, he pushed too hard on a late braking corner. Nonetheless, he has worked very well throughout the weekend.”

Randy De Puniet:
"I'm not very happy, today we had the potential to enter the top eight. I was behind Aoyama, Elias and other riders, but when I saw the ride through sign I thought I would be there too. I looked at the sign at every lap when it was exposed and once I tried to see to look for mine number, so I slowed down a bit on the straight, but I used the brakes too late and made a mistake in the next turn losing contact with the group. I tried to recover but I couldn’t manage the bike how I wanted. The bike at Aragon was great, but I was went off track to avoid a fallen rider, but here I just didn’t have the right feeling. We hope to find it again in Australia."

Damian Cudlin:
"I made a good start, I felt good and thought I could overtake both Colin and Randy on the first lap but I didn’t want to create accidents, that wouldn’t be too smart as a rookie. As time went on I got to better terms with the bike and managed to reach and keep up with Akiyoshi. I was planning to stay with him until the end, then try to overtake him o the last few laps, but in a tight left corner I braked too late and lost the front. I am very sorry for how it ended this weekend, before today I had fallen only once in the other categories I raced in this year, so to end this experience like this leaves a bad taste in my mouth. I hope to have similar opportunities in the near future and I thank the Pramac Racing Team for allowing me to live this wonderful experience.”

Tenth for De Puniet at Motegi While Cudlin Loses Out on Twelfth Position Rating: 4.5 Diposkan Oleh: Admin

0 comments: