Jorge Lorenzo ‘Felt Quite Dizzy’ During Race

Jorge Lorenzo ‘Felt Quite Dizzy’ During Race
Jorge Lorenzo was pleased to see the end of Sunday’s US Grand Prix, having ridden at Laguna Seca feeling unwell due to his broken left collarbone.

Lorenzo first damaged his collarbone in a crash at Assen, then caused further aggravation by landing on it in a heavy fall at the Sachsenring two weekends ago. Having first planned to miss the Laguna Seca event, the Yamaha Factory Racing rider decided to travel to California as title rival Dani Pedrosa had also sustained injury.

“This was a difficult race because I am not in shape and it’s been one month or more without training and two general anaesthetics,” he explained. “I felt quite dizzy from the middle of the race to the end so my performance was getting worse.

“The bike was also not working the same as in Warm-Up. Maybe with more temperature the tyres were working differently and I couldn't stop the same in the braking zones, so I didn't have the same feeling and I was half a second slower.

“The important thing is that we saved a very dangerous situation because, if I crashed again, I might have finished my championship. We have one month to rest and train now to get back in shape, which will be important for Indianapolis. I hope to be in almost perfect condition there and have the same performance as before the crash.”

At the halfway point of Lorenzo’s second title-defending season, the Mallorcan sits third in the riders’ standings and 26 points in arrears of leader Marc Marquez.

Jorge Lorenzo ‘Felt Quite Dizzy’ During Race Rating: 4.5 Diposkan Oleh: Admin

0 comments: